This Asian boneless pork back ribs Instant pot recipe is so delicious and easy to cook. It can also be made in the crock pot or prepared as a freezer meal.
I’ve always stayed away from cooking ribs, because my husband is very particular about not having to work very hard for his dinner. The man is lazy when it comes to food and if he has to peel a shrimp or work around a bone, it is too much work. The quirks we put up with for love, right?
However, recently I saw the boneless pork back ribs in my grocery store and I decided to give it a try. Ever since I started eating keto / low carb again, I am trying to vary the protein we have for dinner to keep it interesting.
I marinated the pork back ribs in an Asian marinade which contains ginger for tenderness and flavor, and soy sauce for the distinct Asian flavor.
It turned out amazing! Tender, flavorful and boneless, so the hubby didn’t have any complaints. Pork Back Ribs have more meat and less fat than traditional ribs and as such taste more like a pork loin.
Now, I can’t wait for summer, because I will be experimenting with various marinades and cooking methods for back ribs. I am already planning for an oven and grill recipe!
Asian Boneless Pork Back Ribs
Baby Back Ribs vs. Boneless Back Ribs
Baby back ribs are the traditional ribs you see available in most restaurants. The rack of ribs have fat and muscle meat and usually are served bone in.
Boneless Back Ribs are a pork loin taken from close to the ribs of the pig and as such tastes more like a loin and has more meat and less fat.
Where can I find the Korean Style Red Pepper?
You can buy it in your grocery store if they have a good International aisle or in an Asian supermarket. But my favorite way is to order it online on Amazon.
Why use agave nectar?
Because it has a lower glycemic index than sugar, which means it doesn’t elevate your blood sugar as fast or as high as sugar. It also has lower carbs than sugar which fit my low carb diet better.
Feel free to use honey instead of agave nectar or brown sugar.
Asian Boneless Pork Back Ribs Recipe
- 3 lbs boneless back ribs
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame or olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 10 grated garlic gloves
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1 tbsp Korean Style Red Pepper (Gochugaru)
- In a large bowl or plate, add the pork and every other ingredient except for 1 tbsp of sesame oil and the onion. Mix it to coat the meat and refrigerate for at least 1 hr.
- Turn the Instant Pot into sauté, add the 1 tbsp of sesame oil and onions and cook it for a 2 minutes until the onions sweat.
- Add the meat and the marinade. Turn off the sauté function, close the lid and turn the pressure cooker to normal pressure for 70 minutes and let it vent naturally.
If you enjoyed this Asian Boneless Back Ribs recipe, then you might also enjoy these:
- Oven Baked Honey Ginger Wasabi Salmon
- Pork Gyoza (Japanese Potstickers)
- Instant Pot Korean Beef
- Korean Fried Chicken
- Grilled Korean Pork Chops
- Chinese Cucumber Salad
What recipe should I make next?