Today I am sharing a slow cooker recipe for Barbacoa Beef! This succulent and delicious dish is super versatile. It can be served as a plate with rice and beans and can also be used in tacos, enchiladas, sandwiches, empanadas, etc…
It’s super easy to make and budget friendly.
Ever since I became a mother, I’ve become addicted to making freezer meals and slow cooking. It saves money, time and most of all it prevents me from burning my pots and pans and eventually the house. After I became a mother, I burnt almost all the pots I had by forgetting it on the stove while tending to my son, so it was either quit cooking or only cook when someone else was in the house. Since neither was an option, slow cooked meals became the norm around here.
And this Barbacoa Beef Recipe is just perfect for the slow cooker and a breeze to put together in batches to store in my freezer.
This recipe is for 8 people so I usually just make 2 batches of 4 servings as we like to stuff our tacos with meat or have leftovers for lunch. Of course, you can batch it for smaller or bigger portions according to your needs.
Not ready to commit to freezer meals yet, just use the serving slider in the recipe box to change the ingredients to the servings you need.
So without further ado, I leave you with this easy recipe for slow cooked Barbacoa Beef!
If you try this recipe, please share it on Instagram by tagging me @glxplorerbaby. I would love to see how yours turn out!
For other recipes, click here. If you would like to be notified when new recipes are added on the blog, subscribe to the blog (e-mail box on the right of the post) and don’t forget to pin it this recipe for later!
- 5 lbs chuck roast beef
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 2 tablespoons of pureed garlic (about 4-6 cloves)
- 1 cup of fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 2 cups yellow onion chopped
- 4 teaspoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups fresh orange juice (about 4-5 large oranges)
- 1 cup cilantro
- vegetable oil
- In a skillet or griddle, in medium high heat, add some vegetable oil and brown the meat.
- Add all ingredients to the crockpot except the cilantro.
- Cook for 8 hrs on low or 4 hrs on high.
- Pull the meat apart and add the cilantro.
- Serve as desired.