These sausage, veggies and cheese breakfast egg muffins are so easy to make! They are healthy, low carb, and perfect to make ahead for the week.
If you are looking for an easy breakfast recipe that is low carb, healthy and can be made ahead, these egg muffins with sausage and veggies are it!
It only takes 40 mins to make and after baking, can be kept in the fridge to be eaten in 2-3 days or frozen for when needed.
Besides being super easy and delicious, they are also a great snack on the go if you are running late for work, hitting the gym or doing a school run.
If you like to meal prep, this is a great breakfast option.
For a fun brunch activity, have the kids choose their toppings and help you make these breakfast egg muffins.
How to Make Breakfast Egg Muffins
Making egg muffins is really simple. Gather your favorite veggies, leftover meat and combine it with some yummy eggs for a delicious breakfast. The combinations are endless!
Make sure to make a double or triple batch depending on how many people you have in your family. In ours, we usually eat 3-4 muffins per adult per serving. My toddler might eat 2 muffins.
You can also adapt this recipe for your particular lifestyle:
- Low fat or low calories – skip the cheese, use only egg whites and lean meat (turkey, chicken).
- Keto – use whole free range eggs, bacon, spinach and cheese. Skip the veggies with more carbs like onions.
- Meat Free Days – fill it up with yummy veggies and skip the meat.
And if you are like me and have no time or inclination to scrub baking sheets clean of eggs – use parchment paper cups in the muffin tins. Super easy clean up!
Breakfast Egg Muffins Recipe
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced small
- 1/2 red onion diced small
- 1/2 cooked sausage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small roma tomato diced
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven at 375 F. Place paper cups in a 12 muffins baking pan or spray is generously with oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Pour 1/3 cup of mixture into each baking cup.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
If you are looking for more breakfast recipes, you should try my pumpkin spice pancakes recipe. It’s so good and perfect for fall!
If you make this recipe, be sure tag me on Instagram and share your photo with hashtag #GLXrecipes. I’d love to see what you create!