You don’t have to travel to San Diego to indulge in Carne Asada fries! Just use carne asada leftovers and quality store-bought frozen fries. Top it with cheese, sour cream, guacamole, onions, and tomatoes and enjoy it!
Carne Asada fries is not an everyday recipe, but when you are in the mood for something indulgent, then this should definitely be on your list.
For the fries, unless you own a deep fryer or want to make this healthier by roasting instead of frying your potatoes, I recommend just buying frozen french fries.
I like my fries thin and super crispy for this recipe, and in my experience, it’s hard to achieve that unless you deep fry the potatoes.
But if you like steak fries or want to even try sweet potato fries with this recipe, I say go for it! There are no rules when it comes to cooking – at least in my kitchen, anyway.
Assembling the Carne Asada Fries
There is really no wrong way to assemble this recipe. You can use whatever topping you like.
Make a bed of french fries, top it with generous amount of carne asada, cheese, onions, and tomatoes. Top it with a scoop of sour cream and guacamole and sprinkle it with cilantro. It really is that easy! Enjoy!
Carne Asada Fries
- Baking Sheet
- 2 cups diced carne asada
- 1 tomato diced small
- 1/2 red onion diced small
- 3 tbsps cilantro diced small
- 2 tbsps cotija cheese shredded
- 16 oz frozen fries
- 2 tbsps sour cream
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime quartered
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven and bake fries per instructions on the bag.
- Dice the carne asada and other ingredients.
- Cut the avocado into small pieces, squeeze one quarter of lime and season with salt and pepper. With a fork, smash the avocado into guacamole.
- When the fries are done, place carne asada on the same baking sheet and warm it up for another 2-3 minutes. You can top fries with cheese if you prefer.
- Remove fries, carne asada and cheese out of oven and put into a serving container.
- Top it with tomatoes, onions, sour cream, guacamole, cilantro and cotija cheese.
If you enjoyed this carne asada fries recipe you might also enjoy these:
What recipe should I make next?