This low carb ham, leeks and goat cheese quiche recipe is perfect for those who are on the keto diet. It’s savory and creamy and baked on a low carb pie crust. Perfect for a healthy brunch!
Easter is coming up and if you are looking for an easy brunch recipe that is delicious, but also healthy, then this quiche is for you.
Baked on a low carb pie crust, it has all the flavor and very few carbs! It’s so creamy and decadent that it will sure impress your guests.
Ham, Leeks and Goat Cheese Quiche
- 1 cup diced uncured ham
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly grounded nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped leeks
- Bake pie crust in this recipe. Let it cool for 5 mins before adding ingredients for quiche.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Distribute the ham on the bottom of pie. Add leeks on top of the ham.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Distribute this liquid over ham and leeks.
- Top the pie with mozzarella and goat cheese.
- Bake it for 30 minutes or until the quiche is fully cooked in the middle – should be firm, but may jiggle a little. There should be no cracks (overcooked) or be runny (undercooked).
Substitutions in the Ham Leeks and Goat Cheese Quiche
What can I use instead of ham?
Turkey, chicken, bacon or shrimp would be great substitutes. You can also make it completely vegetarian and substitute the ham for mushrooms. If that is your choice, stir fry the mushrooms before adding to the quiche to make sure they release most of their water.
What about leeks?
Leeks are delicious, but I understand not everyone is a fan or you might not have it in your fridge. Onions, specially red onions can be a great substitute. Caramelize them before adding to the quiche with a little butter or oil.
I don’t like goat cheese, can I use mozzarela?
Yes! But for the same creaminess effect of goat cheese, I would try mascarpone or cream cheese.
If you make this Ham Leeks and Goat Cheese Quiche recipe, be sure tag me on Instagram and share your photo with hashtag #GLXrecipes. I’d love to see what you create!
What recipe should I make next?
For more recipes, click here.