This Instant Pot beef brisket recipe is a healthy dinner meal that is easy to prepare and delicious to eat. This recipe is perfect for the pressure cooker or slow cooker and is great for a small family or a party!
I just love beef brisket, because it is one of the easiest cut of meat to cook and super flavorful.
It works well with many side dishes and also is delicious in a sandwich- hello leftovers!
This week I served it with an apple cider slaw that adds just a right balance to the beef brisket. It is my lighter version of a St. Patrick’s meal.
This easy dinner recipe is a healthy meal that will have the whole family asking for seconds.
Instant Pot Beef Brisket
- 3.5 lbs beef brisket
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups beef broth or water if using beef bouillon
- 4 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Marinade the brisket with the garlic, salt and pepper, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Turn the Instant Pot on saute, add the olive oil and add the brisket. Reserve the marinade liquid. Sear both sides and then add the marinade liquid plus the beef broth to the pot.
- Turn off the saute function. Close the lid and cook it at normal pressure for 70-80 minutes. Let it vent naturally.
- Once the pressure cooker can safely be opened, remove the brisket and set it aside. Turn on the saute function again and let the liquid reduce to 1/3 its volume.
Cooking Beef Brisket
What else can I serve with this Instant Pot Beef Brisket?
When I am not eating low carb, I do like to enjoy it with potatoes or in a sandwich.
However, the slaw makes the beef brisket much lighter, meaning I don’t need to take a nap afterwards.
It is perfect for Spring and summer and I bet you no one will miss the carbs.
Should I trim the fat on the beef brisket before cooking?
Beef brisket comes with a lot of fat. However fat softens the beef, so I leave it on and remove it when I eat it.
If you need to reduce fat for any reason, then, by all means, cut some of it off. Just leave enough to tenderize the rest.
Can I make this beef brisket recipe on a slow cooker?
YES! I’ve made it on the slow cooker and it tastes just as good. Cook it on low for 8-10 hrs and reduce the liquid on stovetop.
The great thing about the Instant Pot is that it sautés and slow cooks too!
What can I use to substitute soy sauce?
Tamari for a gluten-free option and coconut aminos for soy-free option. If you are avoiding soy, you might want to substitute the Worcestershire sauce which may have some soy in it.
Can I make it a freezer meal?
Yes! This is a great recipe for a freezer meal. Add all raw ingredients in a freezer bag and thaw it in the fridge for 24hrs before you cook it.
Alternatevely, you could also freeze any leftovers.
If you make this Instant Pot Beef Brisket recipe, be sure tag me on Instagram and share your photo with hashtag #GLXrecipes. I’d love to see what you create!
What recipe should I make next?
For more recipes, click here.