This low carb pie crust recipe is the perfect base for quiches and a healthy breakfast/brunch. Just as flavorful as regular pie crust, but packed with protein and without all the carbs.
Eating low carb sometimes can become repetitive and eventually I always end up craving comfort foods like bread, pasta and a great pie!
That is when I try to make things that I would usually eat, but modify it to be low carb.
When I am craving quiche I use this low carb pie crust as a base- because let’s face it a crustless quiche is a frittata not a quiche!
With a few ingredients, a food processor and a few minutes to form it into the pie pan, this low carb pie crust is ready to bake and be filled with the most wonderful ingredients.
Low Carb Pie Crust Recipe Notes
This pie crust is made with only almond flour. I’ve tried many crusts with coconut flour mixed with almond flour and in my personal opinion it always comes out chalky and I can still taste too much of the coconut.
- This pie crust burns more easily, so if you are using it to make a quiche for example, you might want to under bake it for a few minutes or cover the edges when baking the quiche.
- You can add spices or more cheese to the crust to make it even more savory- some ideas: rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil, parmesan, etc…
- Although the pie crust can be formed into a ball, it’s not necessary to roll it out. Just use your fingers and press it to the bottom of the pie dish and it will be fine.
- Make sure the pie crust is evenly distributed on the pan (sides and bottom) to avoid burning thinner portions of the crust.
What can you use this pie crust for?
The possibilities are endless- quiche, chicken pot pie, mushroom tart, a tomato pie (not so low carb), etc…
For a wonderful breakfast quiche option, try this Ham Leeks and Goat Cheese Quiche Recipe.
Low Carb Pie Crust
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse it until well mixed.
- Place it in a pie dish and press it with your fingers until the crust is evenly distributed.
- Use a fork to make holes on the bottom.
- Bake it for 15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
What recipe should I make next?
If you enjoyed this low carb pie recipe, here are other recipes you might enjoy:
- Low Carb Chocolate Delight Dessert
- Best Tuna Salad
- Carne Asada
- Healthy Snacks on the Go
- Breakfast Egg Muffins Recipe
- Low Carb Turkey Meatballs