These low carb pumpkin spice cupcakes are so moist and easy to make from scratch. It’s so delicious you won’t believe they are low carb and keto friendly!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and participant in other programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
If you enjoyed my last pumpkin pancake recipe, then you will love this low carb pumpkin spice cupcakes!
They are homemade and made with almond flour. They have the right balance of pumpkin spice and sweetness and what’s even better? Only 6 net carbs per cupcake!
As much as I love baked goods, ever since I was diagnosed with prediabetes, I’ve been on a roller coaster journey trying to figure out how to keep my blood glucose in check and also eat the delicious recipes I crave.
That is why this low carb pumpkin spice cupcake recipe is near and dear to my heart.
If you are trying to loose weight, dealing with prediabetes / diabetes, or just eating low carb, this recipe is for you.
I’ve made this batch with birch xylitol. It is a low carb sweetener that is extracted from birch wood. It’s used in a variety of products like chewing gum, toothpaste, and mouth wash because of its has natural anti-cavity properties.
As a sweetener is as sweet as sugar and a 1-to-1 substitute when used in baking. The one I used is granulated just like sugar.
FAQs About Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
Can you freeze these cupcakes?
Yes, without the frosting. Up to 2 months. Let it cool completely after baking, wrap it in plastic and insert it into a gallon freezer bag.
How long do they last in the fridge?
3-4 days in an airtight container.
Should you refrigerate after baking?
If you frost with cream cheese icing, it does need to be refrigerated.
Can I eat birch xylitol in pregnancy (gestational diabetes)?
I will tell you what my OBGYN told me- there is not enough research on low carb sweetness done in pregnant women to know the effects.
I played it safe in pregnancy and didn’t consume anything with artificial sweeteners.
Always consult with your physician if trying different products if you are pregnant.
Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 cup pure peanut butter (no sugar, salt or oil added)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsps pumpkin spice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup low carb granulated sweetener (I used Xylitol)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsps coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsps pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- unsweetened coconut flakes (for topping)
- 3 tbsps Xylitol or your preferred low carb sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mixer, beat eggs, sweetner, spices and peanut butter together until well mixed.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, salt and coconut flakes and beat to incorporate. Batter will be thick.
- Line a 12-muffin tin with paper cups. Pour a tablespoon of batter into each and divide remaining batter equally into each cup. Gently tap pan to even out the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- In a mixer, beat all ingredients (except coconut flakes) together until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes or pipe the frosting on.
- Top with coconut flakes.
Approximate Nutrition (per serving):Calories 174 Total Fat 13.9g Saturated Fat 3.3g Cholesterol 27mg Sodium 162mg Total Carbohydrate 8g Dietary Fiber 2.2g Total Sugars 2.7g Protein 7.2g
If you make this recipe, be sure tag me on Instagram and share your photo with hashtag #GLXrecipes. I’d love to see what you create!