Fall is here!!! I have never looked forward to fall as much as I am this year. Maybe it’s because I can’t wait to celebrate Halloween and Thanksgiving with our baby. I can’t wait to decorate the house, light up the fireplace, put on a cozy oversized sweater and drink and eat plenty of fall foods.
Lately, I’ve got the baking bug going on after seeing all the pumpkins already in stores and this weekend I couldn’t help, but try a few new recipes. I took old favorites and gave them a new twist. The weather certainly cooperated because it’s been rainy, cloudy and about 20-30 degrees lower all weekend. Normally, this type of weather is not really my favorite, but when you have a sick infant – little R is getting over a sinus infection – then it is just perfect. I got to fill the house with the smells of pumpkin spice and cozy up with my little one all weekend.
If you are also enjoying the beginning of fall, I want to share this Oatmeal Ginger Cranberry Pistachio Cookies recipe with you in case you are also craving a new recipe for the season.
Oatmeal Ginger Cranberry Pistachio Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup regular sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup chopped dry cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 4-6 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Mix eggs and 1/2 cup coconut oil well. Make sure oil is room temperature so it doesn't cook eggs.
- Add dry ingredients, leaving oatmeal for last.
- Once ingredients are combined, add the oatmeal and remaining coconut oil until the dough is moist enough to be formed.
- Spoon drop or form dough into balls and place them in the cooking sheet leaving 1 inch in between.
- Cook for 8-12 mins until golden brown.
If you are not quite ready for fall, maybe you can try a Blackberry Galette and hold on to summer a little longer