A while back I wrote about trying out a new skincare routine using The Ordinary products. Today I am sharing with you The Ordinary Skincare Products Review.
In my previous post, I explained that I’ve dealt with adult acne, hyper pigmentation, dullness, large pores and uneven skin for years. I’ve tried many products and medications, but with no success.
I wanted to try The Ordinary Skincare Products because they got great reviews and the price was so reasonable and affordable that if it actually worked, it would be life changing.
After months using the products I bought (see previous post for details), I can truly say it has made a big difference in my skin. See for yourself below.
1 month after using The Ordinary Skincare Products
2 months after using The Ordinary Skincare Products and 1 Microneedling Procedure
I apologize for the lighting of these final shots. In hindsight I should have used natural light for a better comparison. I should also add that these final pictures were taken while I had some breakouts due to hormone fluctuations (wink).
The Ordinary Skincare Products Review
- Hydration: I feel like by using all the serums and the retinol combined into a daily routine really improved the overall hydration of my skin, leaving it looking plump and smooth. I also noticed that by applying an oil based retinol at night made my skin less oily during the day, which was very surprising to me.
- Brightness: The vitamin C and retinol improved the brightness of my skin leaving it more radiant.
- Smoothness: I definitely felt like my skin was smoother using this skincare routine. I had very few breakouts and when I did they healed much faster. The bumps under the skin were less noticeable.
- Fine lines: I didn’t see a big change for my fine lines around my eyes. I used the products for a couple months, maybe more time is needed.
- Hyper pigmentation: Although I saw noticeable changes in the brightness of my skin, I didn’t notice a huge difference on some of the darker spots on my face. Again, maybe more time is needed.
I did have a session of micro needling while using these products and while that helped improve the smoothness of the skin, decrease the size of my pores and lighten up my skin some, it did not have the same impact as The Ordinary Products had in just one month of usage. It also cost me $200 vs. $50 for The Ordinary Products.
I will continue to use The Ordinary products and maybe even add a few acids into the mix to peel the skin every once in a while. I would also consider doing Microneedling again as well, but probably would try a different provider. There are many methods available and I didn’t feel like I got the full effect of what the procedure can actually provide (I will share more details in another post).
I hope that by sharing my experience and The Ordinary Skincare Products Review, you can be better informed of what these products deliver.
As I mentioned on my previous post, while the website content is overwhelming, the customer service is fabulous and super helpful, so if you don’t know where to start, write them an email with your skin conditions and within 24hrs they will be able to help you find a regimen that works for you!
For the price and quality of The Ordinary products, I would recommend it for sure!
Let me know if you have tried The Ordinary products and what your results were in the comments below. Also if you’ve had success with a fine line or hyper pigmentation cream that I should try next, please share.