Love to eat, but hate to cook? Or love to cook, but have no time these days?
Then get ready, because this week I will be sharing 5 easy slow cooker recipes that I use all the time. They are easy to make, budget friendly, and versatile. You can buy the ingredients in bulk, prep and freeze it and not have to worry about dinner for at least a month.
This first recipe – Turkey Meatballs – is the easiest and super budget friendly! I add these meatballs to red sauce for a pasta dish, to sandwiches or just eat it as a mid-day protein-packed snack. You can make them smaller and add them to barbecue sauce for an amazingly easy, game day appetizer as well. As we all know, Football fans love their meat!
I usually make a lot of these at once, then freeze them and just use them as needed during the month by throwing them into the slow cooker or even on a pot on the stove. Gasp!
And as I mentioned, they are budget friendly – I was able to purchase 5 lbs of high quality ground turkey for less than $12 dollars and this recipe made 42 golf sized meatballs! #winning
If you try this recipe, please share it on Instagram by tagging me @glxplorerbaby. I would love to see how yours turn out!
For other recipes, click here. If you would like to be notified when new recipes are added on the blog, subscribe to the blog (e-mail box on the right of the post) and don’t forget to pin it this recipe for later!
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 5 cloves garlic in a paste or chopped finely
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 1 bunch Italian parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix it with your hands until well incorporated.
- Form balls with the mixture and place it on baking sheet.
- Bake it for 15 minutes and then rotate meatball and bake for another 10 minutes.