Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef Recipe
This slow cooker recipe for Barbacoa Beef is succulent and super easy to make. It can be served as a plate with rice and beans and can also be used in tacos, enchiladas, sandwiches, empanadas, etc...
Servings: 8 people
- 5 lbs chuck roast beef
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 2 tablespoons of pureed garlic (about 4-6 cloves)
- 1 cup of fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 2 cups yellow onion chopped
- 4 teaspoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups fresh orange juice (about 4-5 large oranges)
- 1 cup cilantro
- vegetable oil
In a skillet or griddle, in medium high heat, add some vegetable oil and brown the meat.
Add all ingredients to the crockpot except the cilantro.
Cook for 8 hrs on low or 4 hrs on high.
Pull the meat apart and add the cilantro.
Serve as desired.
Sodium: 1448mg | Calcium: 107mg | Vitamin C: 46mg | Vitamin A: 439IU | Sugar: 9g | Fiber: 2g | Potassium: 1286mg | Cholesterol: 196mg | Calories: 583kcal | Saturated Fat: 14g | Fat: 33g | Protein: 56g | Carbohydrates: 17g | Iron: 8mg