Hi! I am Jana and if this blog is not obvious enough, I’m fueled by travel.
I am a recovering “corpaholic” who left a successful career in corporate America in search of a more meaningful life- one in which I didn’t need to take vacations from to keep my sanity and my health.
I recently relocated to the beautiful state of Colorado where I share a home with my incredible partner in life, my husband of 10 years and our sidekick/four-legged kid, a bouncy, blind, 17-year old Dachshund that is defying aging and keeps my lap warm on most days.
I have been traveling and moving around as long as I can remember. My first flight was when I was 5 years old when my mom relocated us to a small town of 3,000 people close to the Amazon, where I learned to live with all kinds of creatures that tried to make a home in ours including snakes, frogs and bats.
After that, as they say, the rest is history! There have been countless moves, trips, experiences and embarrassing stories; a collection I call the GOOD LIFE.
When I am not pursuing a crazy project, picking up a new skill or doing my best to learn how to be a housewife, I am exploring a new destination, food or culture, and taking a million pictures along the way.
Here are some facts that will tell you everything about me (well, not everything, but you’ll get the point):
- I’ve peed myself while sleeping in a plane. I was a kid, but old enough to know better. This is not the last time I’ve peed myself in public, but I shall not divulge any more details until I have a gazillion followers on social media, because if I am to make an a** of myself, it has to be for a larger audience. LOL
- I’ve piloted a small plane without a license, landed it and survived it. I had a professional pilot with me, but it was amazing nonetheless.
- I’ve kissed a pineapple sea cucumber while 30 feet underwater. It wasn’t good for either of us.
- I’ve rafted white waters in a metal canoe in the middle of a lighting storm- not my brightest moment!
- I’ve paraglided off a mountain cliff and would consider base jumping, but I would never bungee jump. The yo-yoing effect would kill me!
- I’ve eaten chicken hearts, cow tongue, jellyfish and hotdogs, but I say no to eating bugs, unless they are on my way to the good stuff or I am in a survival situation and there is nothing else around.
- I’ve been a vegan, a vegetarian and paleo. Now, I am fighting pre-diabetes with a low-carb diet and a gym-rat mentality.
- I’m a dreamer and a realist, which means I know when I am delusional, but that doesn’t stop me anyway.
- I love dogs and animals in general. If I could afford it, I would own a farm and adopt as many dogs as I could.
What is this site about?
It’s the ramblings and musings of a thirty-something woman who has too much wanderlust to be considered healthy and loves to put herself in very uncomfortable situations. I hope this blog inspires you to explore places from a different perspective, pursue your dreams, challenge the status quo and create the life you want.
I am unashamed to admit I am still getting my toes wet when it comes to blogging, but I try to blog every Monday and share tons of travel pictures on Instagram and Facebook, so follow me on these accounts if you want to connect real-time.
Thanks for stopping by and come back again. Anytime… Every day is totally okay. Really!
Hi Impact Radius
If you would like to get in touch, you can send me an e-mail at email@example.com or submit the form below.