Hi! I am Jana and if this blog is not obvious enough, I’m fueled by travel.
I am a recovering “corpaholic” who left a successful career in corporate America in search of a more meaningful life- one in which I didn’t need to take vacations from to keep my sanity and my health.
I recently relocated to the beautiful state of Colorado where I share a home with my incredible partner in life, my husband of 10 years and our sidekick/four-legged kid, a bouncy, blind, 17-year old Dachshund that is defying aging and keeps my lap warm on most days.
I have been traveling and moving around as long as I can remember. My first flight was when I was 5 years old when my mom relocated us to a small town of 3,000 people close to the Amazon, where I learned to live with all kinds of creatures that tried to make a home in ours including snakes, frogs and bats.
After that, as they say, the rest is history! There have been countless moves, trips, experiences and embarrassing stories; a collection I call the GOOD LIFE.
When I am not pursuing a crazy project, picking up a new skill or doing my best to learn how to be a housewife, I am exploring a new destination, food or culture, and taking a million pictures along the way.
Here are some facts that will tell you everything about me (well, not everything, but you’ll get the point):
- I’ve peed myself while sleeping in a plane. I was a kid, but old enough to know better. This is not the last time I’ve peed myself in public, but I shall not divulge any more details until I have a gazillion followers on social media, because if I am to make an a** of myself, it has to be for a larger audience. LOL
- I’ve piloted a small plane without a license, landed it and survived it. I had a professional pilot with me, but it was amazing nonetheless.
- I’ve kissed a pineapple sea cucumber while 30 feet underwater. It wasn’t good for either of us.
- I’ve rafted white waters in a metal canoe in the middle of a lighting storm- not my brightest moment!
- I’ve paraglided off a mountain cliff and would consider base jumping, but I would never bungee jump. The yo-yoing effect would kill me!
- I’ve eaten chicken hearts, cow tongue, jellyfish and hotdogs, but I say no to eating bugs, unless they are on my way to the good stuff or I am in a survival situation and there is nothing else around.
- I’ve been a vegan, a vegetarian and paleo. Now, I am fighting pre-diabetes with a low-carb diet and a gym-rat mentality.
- I’m a dreamer and a realist, which means I know when I am delusional, but that doesn’t stop me anyway.
- I love dogs and animals in general. If I could afford it, I would own a farm and adopt as many dogs as I could.
What is this site about?
It’s the ramblings and musings of a thirty-something woman who has too much wanderlust to be considered healthy and loves to put herself in very uncomfortable situations. I hope this blog inspires you to explore places from a different perspective, pursue your dreams, challenge the status quo and create the life you want.
I am unashamed to admit I am still getting my toes wet when it comes to blogging, but I try to blog every Monday and share tons of travel pictures on Instagram and Facebook, so follow me on these accounts if you want to connect real-time.
Thanks for stopping by and come back again. Anytime… Every day is totally okay. Really!
If you would like to get in touch, you can send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the form below.