This website contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and participant in other programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
This slow cooker Moroccan Chicken recipe is rich and perfect for fall. A stew of chicken and chickpeas it’s full of protein and wonderful served over couscous.
This Moroccan Chicken recipe reminds me that Fall is just around the corner. I am already seeing mums for sale at the grocery store and planning for the meals I will be freezing for the season.
As with most of my recipes, this one is also super easy, affordable and practical, because you know this mama needs to reclaim any time she can and spending hours laboring in the kitchen just doesn’t do it for me.
Slow cooking has become my secret weapon and time management my superpower! #momsaresuperheros
So if you work full time or run around all day chasing a toddler, this recipe will make dinner fast and delicious. It only takes a little prep work and bam you are done for the day!
I used to think that those moms who seem to have it all together had some magical wand, but now I know that if you have the right tools (i.e. a slow cooker), you can save yourself a ton of time. I don’t have things together, but now I can at least pretend, which I wasn’t even able to do before!
The other weapon of choice is buying in bulk and freezing meals that are already assembled and ready to cook in the slow cooker. I get all the chopping, meat browning, measuring done in one weekend for the whole month and cruise the rest of the days. Dinner is always available and mama gets time to work on her side hustle (i.e. this blog).
Not only are we saving time, but also saving money and eating healthier. Sure, we still splurge on eating out during the weekends, but during the week, we mostly eat at home. The hubby loves it because he can relax once he gets back from work without having to go out (he is a hermit) and I love it because we save money so we can go on more vacations – win, win!
So here is the recipe for this scrumptious Moroccan Chicken!
If you try this recipe, please share it on Instagram by tagging me @glxplorerbaby. I would love to see how yours turn out!
For other recipes, click here. If you would like to be notified when new recipes are added on the blog, subscribe to the blog (e-mail box on the right of the post) and don’t forget to pin it this recipe for later!
Moroccan Chicken Recipe
- 7 lbs chicken thighs
- 6 bay leaves
- 3 cans chickpeas optional
- 3 teaspoons coriander more to season chicken
- 3 tablespoons pureed garlic
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger more to season chicken
- 3 cups yellow onions chopped
- 6 cups fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1 jar green olives pitted
- 3/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper powder more to season chicken
- 3 teaspoons cumin more to season chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika more to season chicken
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil
- garlic powder
- Season the chicken with paprika, cumin, ground ginger and garlic powder.
- In a skillet or griddle, at a medium high heat, add vegetable oil and brown the meat.
- Pour all the ingredients into a slow cooker and cook for 7 hrs on low.
- Serve over rice, couscous, or quinoa.
If you liked this recipe, you might also like Beef Gyudon!
What recipe should I make next?