Homemade Burrito Bowl
A homemade burrito bowl is a great way to use leftovers and meal prep for the week. Use steak, chicken, shrimp, turkey or roasted veggies to give this recipe new life.
Servings: 4 people
- 2-3 cups steak, chicken, pork, shrimp, or vegetables
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked beans drained (black or pinto)
- 2 cups corn
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, cotija or mexican work best)
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 red onion diced small
- 1 lime quartered
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1-2 avocados diced (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- tortilla chips (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
Warm up all cooked ingredients.
In a bowl place ingredients side by side or layer starting with rice, beans and meat.
Top bowl with your favorite toppings.
Calories: 795kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 420mg | Potassium: 1141mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 689IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 337mg | Iron: 5mg