Get inspired by this fun fall activities list for families or friends. Create wonderful memories this season. And don’t forget to capture lots of pictures!
Fall is here and it’s like the air just smells like Pumpkin Spice. It’s really getting me excited for some fun fall activities, Halloween and Thanksgiving!
We have some fun family traditions that we do every year like visiting a fall festival, picking a pumpkin, decorating for the holidays and of course Halloween!
We usually travel to my in-laws for Thanksgiving, which makes it super busy time of the year, but that doesn’t stop me from making our home cozy and ready for fall.
To keep myself organized I always make myself a fall bucket list of activities I’d like to do in the fall with my family.
I also created a FREE Printable for your little ones with some fall and Thanksgiving activities. You can download it by signing up for my newsletter at the bottom of this post.
And lastly, if you are looking for Halloween book ideas and a FREE Halloween Scavenger Hunt to do with the kiddos this year, click here.
Fall Bucket List Activities
- Visit a nearby farm to attend a fall festival
- Pick a pumpkin or apples
- Take a hayride
- Eat some pie
- Have fun in a pile of leaves
- Bake something from scratch
- Make an old family recipe
- Take ride to see the foliage changing
- Walk through a corn maze
- Decorate the house for fall
- Carve a pumpkin
- Make a craft
- Build a fire and roast a marshmallow
- Indulge in your favorite hot drink
- Cozy up by the fireplace in a comfy sweater
- Watch Halloween movies or read Halloween books
- Cook a pumpkin recipe
- Make a homemade hot mulled drink
- Watch football
- Take family pictures
- Go trick or treating
- Bake an apple recipe
- Go for a hike
- Go camping or enjoy a weekend away
- Ride a train
- Bake cookies
- Play a board game
- Bake a casserole
- Go see some Halloween lights, scavenger hunt or walk through a haunted house
- Make soup
How many of these fun fall activities do you already do with your family? Which new ones will you try this year?
Post written October 2019 and updated October 2020.