I can’t believe how busy the 29th week of pregnancy has been. A few new symptoms and two major changes have made this the most event full week of this pregnancy, so let’s get started:
- I have been feeling stronger Braxton Hicks contractions. They are coming more often, but not regularly enough to cause any concern- such as early labor, which is good, we don’t want any of that.
- My linea negra- that line that appears right on the middle of the belly and gets darker towards the end of pregnancy has started showing. It’s just there, so it doesn’t bother me.
- My belly is expanding further and now my innie belly button is starting to pop out. Before it was just stretching flat, but now it’s actually turning inside out. It’s super sensitive- the most sensitive part of the belly and it kind of freaks me out.
- My weight has remained steady for the last couple weeks with minor fluctuations.
- My uterus is measuring 33 weeks, so 3 weeks ahead, which can be indicative of the size of the baby or fluid in the uterus. We will have to wait until the ultrasound to find out.
Just food in general. I feel like I need to eat every two hours.
- I failed my 28-week glucose test, which led me to have to take the 3-hr glucose tolerance test, which I also failed- meaning I now have gestational diabetes (GD). This means I will have to see a nutritionist, really watch what I eat since I have not been able to exercise much during pregnancy, and measure my blood sugar after meals. If that is not enough, I will have to go on medication. This was not as big of a surprise for me since I knew my risk of getting gestational diabetes was much higher than for other expecting mothers, but it still sucks.
- The other big change is I changed OBs. Yes, it is not ideal this late in pregnancy, but I am so glad I did. There were many reasons that led me to this decision, but the biggest one was that I didn’t feel like I was receiving competent care. I go into more detail in my video if you are interested.
Well, it seems the next couple weeks will be just as busy as I return home from Seattle and learn how to control my blood sugar during pregnancy. We also have a growth ultrasound and a Non-Stress Test scheduled as well so stay tuned my friends and send us positive vibes, we need the baby to be healthy and to complete full term before delivery!
- First Trimester Update
- Second Trimester Update
- 29 Weeks Pregnancy Update
- 30-31 Weeks Pregnancy Update
- 32 Weeks Pregnancy Update
- 33 Weeks Pregnancy Update
- 34 Weeks Pregnancy Update
- 35 Weeks Pregnancy Update
- 36 Weeks Pregnancy Update
- Birth Story and Meet My Baby